Wednesday 9 April 2014

Mango Smoothie - Ripe Mango with Honey and Cream

I missed ripe mangoes for the past 4 years. Though we get sweet mangoes in Indian supermarkets in FL, there is something special about home grown mangoes. They are the sweetest. My in laws have 4 mango trees at the backyard and every year they send us loads of mangoes during summer. They also prepare mango squash and load it in the fridge and gift them to their neighbours and send us back in big bottles.



When we make trip to my in laws place, my car will be filled with mangoes, jack fruit, banana, pineapple and squash. Yeah, they have a pretty big backyard and planted 2 jack fruit trees and couple of banana plants too. This mango is not home grown. They are store bought ones.

Summer is at the peak in India and I stay indoors mostly. I step out only after 7 o clock in the evening for grocery shopping or to children's play area. Yesterday when shopping for vegetables, I found these cute ripe mangoes. Looks like mangoes are early this season. I  bought few of them.

I like to eat ripe mangoes than to drink it as juice, slush or smoothie. But the mangoes I bought yesterday are not very sweet though and we could not eat them plain. Hence I decided to make a simple smoothie with mangoes , honey and fresh cream. It is just easy to make. Cut mangoes, add honey, fresh cream and blend it in a food processor.

Ingredients


  • 1 Ripe Mango
  • 3 Tablespoon honey ( Adjust according to your taste)
  • 2 Tablespoon fresh cream / vanilla ice cream /  milk ( I love with ice cream, but did not have ice cream in the freezer. Hence settled with fresh cream. It tastes best with ice cream)

Directions :
 


1. Wash mango. Peel and remove skin. Cut them in to big chunks

                                              

2. In a food processor, add cut mango chunks, honey and fresh cream and blend together until the mixture is smooth and velvety.

                              

3. Check for sweetness. Add more honey if required

                               

4. Serve chilled with a drizzle of honey and fresh cream on the top. Heavenly !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment