Par boiled Baby potatoes are smashed and roasted with herbs and chilli flakes. Buttery and Soft on the inside with crispy caramelized edges.
- 500 Grams Baby Potatoes + 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes ( Adjust according to your taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried thyme ( If you get fresh thyme, use 2 sprigs of fresh thyme)
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon parsley / cilantro leaves
Directions1. Cook baby potatoes with 1/2 Teaspoon salt until they are cooked through. I cooked potatoes in pressure cooker for 2 whistles
2. Peel remove skin and set aside. Then smash the potatoes gently using a potato masher. This is how I smash them... Take one baby potato and keep it in your left hand palm. Now gently smash the potato using your right hand palm. You can retain skin if you like it with skin on. My kids do not eat if the skin is on. So I removed the skin
3. In a frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, add butter. When the butter melts , switch off the flame. Then Add chilli flakes, thyme , rosemary , Oregano, salt and give it a good stir. We are switching off the flame to prevent the chilli flakes from getting burnt.
5. Immediately place the baby potatoes carefully in the pan
6. Switch on the flame and keep it high. Stir Fry the potatoes for a minute on each side until they are crisped up on the top. Alternatively, you can fry them on low flame setting for 10 to 15 minutes , flipping them once.
6. Once they are nice and crispy, remove them from pan and spread them in a greased baking tray
7. Broil the potatoes for a minute or 2 or until they have a nice crispy char on them. Do not leave the potatoes in the broil mode and walk away. They might get burnt easily. Keep an eye on them while they are in the oven and remove them once they have a nice char on them
7. Finally sprinkle chopped cilantro leaves over the potatoes and serve