Easy to make and delicious cutlets made with minced chicken and potatoes. I haven't added bread crumbs. If you wish you can add bread crumbs in the cutlet mixture or coat the cutlet with bread crumbs before deep frying.
These cutlets are super crispy and tastes delicious. Perfect as an appetizer with ketchup. These are mildly spiced and kids friendly.
- 250 Grams Minced Chicken
- 2 Large potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon garam masala
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Oil to deep fry cutlets
1. In a large mixing bowl, add mashed potatoes, red chilli flakes, oregano, thyme, garam masala and combine
2. In a small bowl, beat egg using a fork. Add this egg to the potato mixture and mix gently using a fork
3. Now add minced chicken, cilantro leaves, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and mix gently. Do not over mix. I have tried this cutlet recipe with shredded left over rotisserie chicken and sometimes with left over grilled chicken. Works perfectly.
4. Pinch out about 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of cutlet mixture and make any desired shape. I gave them egg shape, like a cylinder. Set aside.
5. In a wok or pan, heat oil for deep frying
6. When the oil is hot, add 4 cutlets once and fry on medium flame until they are golden
7. remove from oil and drain on kitchen towel
8. Fry the remaining cutlets in batches of four
9. Serve hot with ketchup
10. If you are planning to serve later, just spread the cutlets in a baking tray and warm them up in the oven at preheated to 200 C for 3 to 4 minutes until they are crispy again