A refreshing drink made with lemon, fresh mint and ginger . This drink is sweet, tart and has mild flavour of mint and goodness of ginger. Super quick and easy to make and perfect for a hot summer day.
- 500 ml chilled water
- 2 Lemons
- 4 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 Inch ginger piece
- 2 Tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- two big pinches of salt
- a pinch of cumin powder
Directions1. In a pan over low flame, add one cup water, sugar and stir until sugar dissolves
2. Crush mint leaves and ginger using a mortar pestle
3. Add this crushed mixture to the water and bring it to boil. Switch off the flame
4. Let the water cool completely. Strain the water through a strainer and remove ginger and mint leaves.
5. Squeeze juice out of lemon
6. In a container / pitcher, add chilled water. Add lemon juice and give it a stir
7. Add the mint, ginger and sugar syrup we prepared at step number 3 to the pitcher
8. Stir again. Add two pinches of salt, a pinch of cumin powder and give it a stir
9. Check if the juice is sweet enough for you. Add more sugar or honey to increase the sweetness
10. Serve once. The lemon wedges and mint leaves you see on the picture above are for photography purpose only.