Creamy, Silky scrambled eggs with spinach, tomato and chives. Perfect way to start your morning.
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 Ripe tomato
- 1/3 Cup tightly packed fresh spinach chopped finely
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chives for garnish
Directions1. Crack eggs into a bowl and add a big pinch of salt. Whisk the eggs until well blended. Don't overmix
2. Scoop of seeds of tomatoes and chop them into small pieces
3. In a non stick pan over lowest heat setting, melt butter. Add olive oil. When the butter melts,
add tomatoes and spinach. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and cook for minute just until the spinach turns wilted
4. Add the eggs and using a spatula start making swirls in the egg mixture. When the egg mixture turns from runny to slightly thicker consistency, run the spatula in the egg mixture to make long sweeps in the pan. Make sure to use the lowest heat setting
5. After 30 seconds, small curds will begin to form. At this stage, take the pan off the heat, work with spatula to make sweeps in the egg and then return the pan to the heat. Slow cooking the eggs and by taking it off the heat for 10 seconds helps retain creamy consistency of the eggs. Slow cook, take it off heat, sweep with spatula, return the pan to the heat. Follow this step 3 times.
6.Now remove the pan off the heat. Do not stop sweeping with spatula. Though the pan is off the heat, eggs will continue to cook. Hence you need to just runt the spatula through eggs to avoid big chunks/ crusty /dry
7. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and chopped chives and serve hot