Rich, velvety smooth, decadent Dark Chocolate mousse with a hint of espresso. Eggless and Gelatine free. Perfectly portioned in single servings. This easy dessert will certainly impress your guests.
Recipe Adapted From : http://prettysimplesweet.com/eggless-chocolate-mousse/
- 200 Grams Dark Chocolate roughly chopped
- 1/3 Cup of Water
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated White Sugar
- 200 ml Chilled Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Espresso / strong black coffee
- a big pinch of sea salt
Directions1. In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate
2. In a small sauce pan, bring water and sugar to boil and simmer for 2 minutes until the syrup reduces little bit. Switch off the flame and let it cool slightly
3. Add syrup and espresso to the chocolate and let it stand for 30 seconds.
Using a spoon / whisk until the chocolate is completely melted and there are no chunks. Set aside. If chocolate is not melted through, then microwave in the intervals of 10 seconds and stir in between until the chocolate is melted through. Let the chocolate cool slightly.
4. In a large mixing bowl add whipping cream and using a electric beater beat on medium speed until soft peak forms
5. Now fold in the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Stir in Sea salt.
6. Pour the prepared mousse in serving bowl /glasses and cover them with a cling wrap. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or overnight until the mousse is set
7. Serve with shredded chocolate, whipped cream on the top and with few chocolate sprinkles